Wednesday, May 21, 2014

R. Lee Ermey TTM Success

                       I recently sent out some photos, a SASE, and a fan letter to Acting Legend and American Hero/Bad Ass R. Lee Ermey. I AM A HUGE FAN OF HIS! I was really hoping he would sign the pictures and send them back to me in the SASE I sent. I was so jacked up when I looked inside my mail box and saw an envelope from Ermey of CA in it. The envelope itself look like it had been through some wars, so I was a little worried that the photos inside would be damaged. Luckily everything was in pristine condition and "Gunny" ( R. Lee Ermey ) had included some choice pictures as well. He is a real class act! 
             My favorite R. Lee Ermey performance would have to be in "Full Metal Jacket". Gunnery Sergeant Hartman stole the whole movie and could be argued as one of the most gripping performances of all time. 
"I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you." - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
"Five-foot-nine, I didn't know they stacked shit that high!" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
               In the two Micheal Bay "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" films R. Lee Ermey played the crazy patriarch of Leatherface's family. It's an amazing performance that was truly creepy and horrifying, and yet another movie he stole the show.
    In the comedy "Saving Silverman" R. Lee Ermey showed he could make you laugh just as easily as he could make your shit you pants. Though he is barley in the movie, once again he steal every scene he is in. I could be wrong, haven't seen the movie in a while, but I pretty sure the movie ends with R. Lee Ermey marrying Jack Black. Totally unexpected!
              Some of my other favorite R. Lee Ermey movies are "Seven", "The Frighteners", and "The Watch".
          R. Lee Ermey also hosted 2 excellent TV programs on the History Channel, "Mail Call" and "Locked N' Loaded". Both shows are amazing and really informative. Gunny also appeared on FOX's "House M.D." as House's Dad. 

         I really appreciate R. Lee Ermey as an Actor and a Person. Thank you Gunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment